[coreboot] VGA rom can not be loaded by SEABIOS

Jason Wang wangqingpei at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 16:10:14 CET 2010

hi Kevin,
   I have already found the problem.  Coreboot now use cbfs to organize the
option rom. The vga.rom may be renamed like pci1002,731F.rom. But in
seabios/optionrom.c it just check the filename with prefix "vgaroms/" which
can not load the vgarom.
  maybe coreboot should organzie the vga rom in a different way which can
let seabios detect.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 04:15:41PM +0800, Wang, Qingpei wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >     With the latest version of seabios, the vgarom can not be loaded
> > correctly. I find that in the code seabios/src/optionrom.c vga_setup
>
> Did you enable CONFIG_COREBOOT_FLASH in SeaBIOS' src/config.h file?
> Be sure to follow the steps at:
>
> http://www.coreboot.org/SeaBIOS#SeaBIOS
>
> -Kevin
>
> --