[coreboot] [Patch] SSE & SSE2

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Wed Mar 17 01:28:11 CET 2010

> I was looking at model numbers supported by Coreboot and the associated
> sockets.  According to the table I was reading, socket_6xx means P4 so it
> has SSE and SSE2.

It is a little grey....
model_6xx is a big clump of PII, Celeron, and PIII's. According to Intel
docs the P6 family includes Pentium Pro, PentiumII, Celeron, and PIII
processors. P4 and XEON are the first of the IA-32 family.

> I still think we should source all of the models for the intel CPUs.

Yes I never liked how the model_6xx is all clumped togethor. I think
they should be seperated by family/model. But that may be for another day...

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith