[coreboot] Ouch: romcc "x[0] |= something" patch causes another crash

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 20:28:33 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Eric W. Biederman
<ebiederm at xmission.com> wrote:

> My practical concern is that there is no support for the general case where
> you do:
> char array[5];
> for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) {
>    array[i] = 7;
> }

The bigger problem is that people are trying to take this compiler
beyond what makes sense (to me). I'm not sure we're going to cease to
exist if we don't have arrays.

If romcc can't do something, then work around it; we can warn people
about no arrays. But given that nobody has the time to really support
romcc (as, e.g., gcc or llvm are supported) we're taking some real
risks just plugging changes in.

ron