[coreboot] Re unsuported Motherboard

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 3 15:22:22 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 03.03.2010, 15:00 +0100 schrieb Joao Mamede:

[…]

> Can we remove BIOS with the machine turned on? Meaning: We boot with the
> good one, we remove it, we insert the second machine chip and flash it.
> Does it work?

As far as I know, yes! You can for example use push pins for easier
handling[2].

> About the compatibility, I have a motherboard with a socket that has a
> award BIOS, is the chip/socket the same for AMI? Are they compatible?

As far as I know the BIOS manufacturer has nothing to do with it. It
really just depends on the socket and if the flash chip is supported on
that other system/motherboard.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/Developer_Manual/Tools