[coreboot] HELP: Porting i830 RAM init to 440BX, now it won't compile

Keith Hui buurin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 04:25:26 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:43:42 -0500, Keith Hui <buurin at gmail.com> wrote:

> This should be fixed in Kconfig. Probibly in the cpu Kconfig?
>
> >> fix this first. You really want your code to be warning-free.
> >>
> >> I did a search, and the only reference (ie. this ramtest.c) is elsewhere
> > in
> > the code - src/lib/. That may be used by something else.

> >> did you try just edosd = edosd | 4;
> >>
> >> just wondering if it's that simple.
> >>
> >> I could try tonight. But I used both notations fearing that romcc
> doesn't
> > support more obscure constructs, and both work in other places.
> >
> hmm

I did it - I made the above change (though I doubt it made any difference)
and have to remove the PRINT_DEBUG mentioned in my original email for it to
compile.

Time to boot test.

* Clacks away *

This is the biggest excitement after Canada winning Hockey Gold at the
winter Olympics! (see attached log)

I have 256MB and Linux boots to the login prompt!

I'll formulate a patch later adding this and P2B-LS support.

Cheers
Keith