[coreboot] [patch] RE: Fam10 breakage

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:23:18 CET 2010

> Am 01.03.2010 09:00, schrieb Bao, Zheng:
> > What I keep trying to make everyone understand is not what the rules we
> > should use to decide the stack size. What I worry is the bug in the
> > crosstool will make the rule do the wrong thing, even if the rule is
> > perfect. So far, no one seems to support me that there is a bug in the
> > toolchain.
I don't think you should feel like it's a lack of support.  We just want to
fix it to make it simpler at the same time.

> Solution to that: Move operations on non-addresses and non-sizes out of
> sections (which you did in your patch)
>
> However, this does not fix the bug in our stack size calculation.
> I'm not quite sure if the patch does the right thing, but it should be
> close.
I don't think we need to make the SMP check.  Can't we just put in an assert
that checks for RAMBASE < 0xa0000 and eheap > 0xa0000?  One large stack
could just as easily break this.

Thanks,
Myles