[coreboot] biostar TA690G AM2 and TA770 A2+

sergio mailbox at sergio.spb.ru
Mon Mar 1 00:54:32 CET 2010

Hello.

I have two biostar mainboards on which I'd like to try coreboot.
They are not in supported mainboards list, but northbridges,
southbridges and super I/Os looks like be supported.

The first mainboard is:
vendor: biostar
model: TA690G AM2
northbridge: AMD 690G (I'm not absolutely sure)
southbridge: AMD SB600 (I'm not absolutely sure)
cpu: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2300
Super I/O: "ITE IT8716F-S" this is written on the chip (superiotool says
ITE IT8716F)
BIOS device: PMC Pm49FL004T-33JCE (flashrom -V looks like can't detect
bios, but flashrom -r says PMC Pm49FL004)
url: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/content.php?S_ID=17

The second mainboard is:
vendor: biostar
model: TA770 A2+
northbridge: AMD 770 (I'm not absolutely sure)
southbridge: AMD SB600 (I'm not absolutely sure)
cpu: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
Super I/O: ITE IT8718F (from superiotool r5050)
BIOS device: Winbond W25x80
url: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/content.php?S_ID=310

Both motherboards were successfully flashed several times with flashrom
for original bios.

Have I chance to run coreboot on this mainboards?

--
sergio.