[coreboot] Support for K10/K10.5 on old AM2-only boards

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Jun 29 12:23:52 CEST 2010

On 29.06.2010 12:11, Andrew wrote:
> 29.06.2010 09:55, anders at jenbo.dk wrote:
>> NVIDIA based boards are not supported as NVIDIA isn't providing
>> documentation.
> So in what way was made support of ck804/mcp55? Reversing original BIOS?

ck804/mcp55 support code was written by Yinghai Lu who had docs under
NDA. Yinghai Lu has changed employers since then, and does not have
access to the docs anymore. No coreboot developer ever had docs for
Nvidia chipsets other than ck804/mcp55. Maybe someone else still has NDA
access to mcp55 docs, but I doubt it.

> Still have question about K10/K8 initialization routines - can they be
> combined in one BIOS?

In theory, yes. I don't know about the current state.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/