[coreboot] Serial Console only starts after reset

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Jun 15 15:50:51 CEST 2010

On 6/15/10 2:41 PM, Joseph Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:30:07 -0700, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It would seem that the RAM code is right but the "early setup" code is
>> wrong. It's working because the "early setup" is probably having no
>> effect whatsoever ...
>>

> Hmm,
> There is a src/superio/smsc/lpc47m10x maybe I will try that and see if it
> works.

That driver seems non functional. It looks like it was added for the sun
ultra 40 board but then romstage.c of that machine includes init code of
another superio ....

> Maybe the src/superio/smsc/smscsuperio does not do early_serial correctly
> for this chip?

Google tells me that this document knows the answer:
http://www.smsc.com/media/Downloads_Public/Data_Sheets/47m10x.pdf

> FYI, after I push the reset button and can see the bootlog,
> it appears that the superio is detected and setup correctly.

Does pushing the superio button help when you're still in FILO, too?

Stefan