[coreboot] unable to boot linux with coreboot

mbertens mbertens at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 13 11:30:19 CEST 2010

Hi all,

an update:
I installed a secondary build system (ubuntu), i build everything from
scratch; seabios and coreboot r5575, r5600 and r5631, all these where
working fine. But booting them all failed.

I tried  everything i could think of;
1. Swapped hardware; memory, system board, harddisks, ide-controller
(pri. versus sec.).
2. Swapped development systems (debian versus ubuntu)
3.

I attached two bootlogs. for analise
1.	with 80Gb harddisk.
	- up to 7 secs in the boot process all is fine
	- then 120 secs of silence, and last the message from udevd
2.	with 1Gb compact flash disk (which has a DMA problem, but its able to
boot futher in the Linux boot secuence.
	- up to 6 secs in the boot process all is fine
	- then 120 secs are lost to the DMA problem of the CF card, the system
booted before with de DMA failures just fine it takes only 120 secs
extra.
	- then 120 secs of silence, and the message from udevd
	- then some more output on starting the cardbus and others.
	- final message adding the swap on /dev/hda5 and then silence again.

I hope that anyone can help me with this silly problem, please don't
just throw a term through the mail, like "fix the DMA problem", but give
some pointers how to solve it in my configuration.

Marc