[coreboot] coreboot halts at "doing early_mtrr"

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Fri Jul 30 21:27:46 CEST 2010

Am 30.07.2010 19:35, schrieb austinro at msu.edu:
> I have a Jetway 7F4K1G5S-LF board I'm trying to get working.
Just to make things clear - that's a Via C7 board, yes?

> Any ideas?
We moved the C7 boards over to CAR (cache as RAM), but couldn't test all
of them (due to availability etc). Disabling cache before RAM is
available (and all data structures, esp. the stack are moved to RAM)
makes the system hang.

>From looking at the board's romstage.c, it seems that early_mtrr_init is
ran before RAM init, but after CAR enable.

Do you get further after disabling early_mtrr_init (which disables
caching to activate the new MTRR config) completely?

Regards,
Patrick