[coreboot] good pci card for COM1?

Cristi Magherusan cristi.magherusan at net.utcluj.ro
Fri Jul 30 10:58:11 CEST 2010

Hi Ron,

În Joi, Iulie 29, 2010 23:32, ron minnich a scris:
> Anybody got a good line on a PCI card that would implement COM1? We
> have this Intel smackover DX58SO mainboard that has no serial :-)
>
> thanks
>
> ron

There are plenty such boards, but they might need a driver so YMMV.
 http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=pci+serial&_sacat=See-All-Categories

For better speed, I recommend you the netconsole implemented by ruik for
RTL8029AS. Such a card costs even less and is already supported by
coreboot.
http://cgi.ebay.com/RTL8029AS-based-PCI-Network-Card-/290454379625

Ruik has 20 or so and willing to ship them, but I think getting this card
will be cheaper and faster than shipping from Czech Republic.

Regards,
Cristi

--
Cristian Magherusan-Stanciu,