[coreboot] Broken include paths

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Jul 26 20:01:31 CEST 2010

Myles Watson wrote:
> >> 3. Just use the path
> >
> > I think this is *by far* the cleanest approach!
>
> I agree that it looks the best.  I'm worried that it introduces
> ambiguity.
>
> #include <path/file.h>
>
> Could look in src/path/file.h or src/include/path/file.h and others
>
> Is that what we want?  Should we remove -I$(src) from the command line
> in the long term?

I'm not sure that I feel good about .h files outside include/ being
referenced from other parts of the code. They should probably be
moved to include/ if they are needed in more than one place..

> from src/arch/i386/Makefile.bootblock.inc:
>
> $(CC) -MMD -x assembler-with-cpp -DASSEMBLY -E -I$(src)/include
> -I$(src)/arch/i386/include -I$(obj) -I$(obj)/bootblock -include
> $(obj)/config.h -I. -I$(src) $< -o $@
>
> It seems like it could be simpler.

I think simplifying the codebase will be a continuous effort.

> I also don't understand the order.

Me neither. And again, why are there include files in
src/arch/i386/include instead of include/arch-i386 or something?

//Peter