[coreboot] gigabyte dual bios programming

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Jul 15 10:52:41 CEST 2010

on 14/07/2010 23:25 Peter Stuge said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> In this context I would really appreciate "unabridged" version of
>> ITE IT8718F-S specification.
>
> Maybe you already know this, but I would not expect the superio to be
> involved very much in the dualbios mechanism - at most an IO pin
> would be used for the handshake with the patented timer.

Still I would like to get the spec.

It may also depend on a particular motherboard, chip, etc.  Perhaps the
"patented timer" is implemented in Super I/O.  At least, we see that some
undocumented Super I/O register(s) are used to switch between the flash chips
and some other related things.

--
Andriy Gapon