[coreboot] HTX (FPGA) device needs more time for initialization but HOW?

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Thu Jul 1 10:25:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

my version of coreboot (on Supermicro H8QME-2+) is working just fabulous
but now I have a little issue. I have a HTX board with a FPGA on it
which needs to boot with coreboot on the motherboard. The problem is
that it fails to boot most of the time because it doesn't had time to
initialize itself properly. I know that because at HT non coherent
device initialization it marks bit 1(InitComplete) in the link type
register of the device as 0. What I tried to do is to hard_reset() every
time it fails but with no luck. I did that because after a power cycle
the card seems to have enough time to initialize and the boot process
completes successfully.

I read in the maillist
(http://www.mail-archive.com/coreboot@coreboot.org/msg01089.html) of a
similar problem but with no solution published at the end :(.

So is there any way how I could delay the whole initialization process
to give the card more time?

Thanks in advanced,
Knut Kujat.