[coreboot] Memtest86+ failing on coreboot system.

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Thu Jan 21 23:16:46 CET 2010

Hello,

I've finally got my board working with Coreboot now I started to stress
test the whole system to know if it is stable. Now, when I'm trying to
test my memory with Memtest86+ it doesn't starts! instead it shows correct
information about my cpus and caches but at "Memory" there is just a 0K
and in the middle of the screen a "0K LxBIOS" what is that mean? After
waiting a few minutes I'm getting the whole screen full of rubbish symbols
and than the monitors goes off.

I already tried several versions of memtest86+ without luck. I know there
is a payload with Memtest86+ I haven't tried yet but I just don't think it
will make any difference, won't it?

THX,
Knut Kujat