[coreboot] Porting of coreboot to Intel Atom

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 18 19:04:05 CET 2010

Dear Shailendra,

Am Montag, den 18.01.2010, 20:15 +0530 schrieb Shailendra Singh:
> I am newbie in coreboot.

Welcome!

> I want to port the coreboot-v2 on Intel Atom N 270 at 1.60 GHz processor
> with chipset:-intel 945GSE+ICH7.
>
> Please Guide me.

As far as I know there is some support for this chipset, but it will
still take some effort to get it running I think.

The developer‘s ToDo-lists are always filled with too much tasks already
so that you will get help on this mailing list and on IRC regarding
specific questions. But you have to do a lot of reading by yourself.

There is a whole bunch of information in the coreboot Wiki already. I
suggest to start there and for example provide the requested information
[1].

> I have downloaded coreboot-v2 and trying to compile it for intel i945
> motherboard but getting errors. Please Help me, how to proceed.

Sorry, without any information about your setup (tool chain like GCC
version and so on), your chosen build settings (newbuild or Kconfig) and
the actual error messages nobody will be able to help you.

Please start a new thread for this issue with a appropriate subject
line. Remember to always give as much information as possible in good
structured way so that the developers will have an easy time to
understand your problem.

I hope, I did not discourage you. I am certainly happy to have someone
new on this list!

Thanks and welcome again,

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/FAQ#Will_coreboot_work_on_my_machine.3F