[coreboot] [ANNOUNCE] Roda RK886EX (Rocky III+) notebook support

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Jan 17 15:14:23 CET 2010

On 1/17/10 1:40 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Absolutely awesome! Congratulations! This is really great news.
>
> On 16.01.2010 20:09, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
>> I am especially glad to announce that coresystems GmbH is
>> releasing coreboot® for the Roda RK886EX a.k.a Rocky III+ notebook
>> today. It's a rugged notebook, protected against shock, vibration, dust
>> and humidity:
>> http://www.roda-computer.com/en/products/notebooks/rocky-iii-rk886ex.html
>>
>> We have been testing various Linux distributions as well as Windows XP
>> and Windows 7 booting on this nice notebook.
>>

> And full Windows/Linux support also means this is a device that can be
> used by non-technical people who do not know anything about coreboot. It
> also is a great vehicle to demonstrate to vendors how well coreboot can
> work.

I forgot to mention: Suspend To Ram works nicely with coreboot on the
RK886EX, too - both with Linux and Windows. You have to use real mode
option rom initialization or leave option roms to SeaBIOS for that
purpose though; Due to their design, Yabel definitely won't work with
S2R, x86emu without Yabel is untested. Otoh, if you want to use Yabel
for it's advanced security over realmode initialization, S2R doesn't
make much sense anyways.

Best regards,
Stefan