[coreboot] coreboot and MSM800BEV

Piotr Piwko piotr.piwko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:19:37 CET 2010

2010/1/8 Patrick Georgi <patrick at georgi-clan.de>:
> In that case, your ROM is probably not entirely mapped yet. That's an
> issue that has to be fixed per chipset (southbridge mostly).
> I see explicit support for it in cs5530 (even though that _might_
> require some more changes), and somewhere in the code of cs5535. I don't
> know if this is applicable to cs5536, too. If you want to try, this hack
> might help you (untested, as I don't have the hardware). Maybe the call
> must be moved around a bit.

Unfortunately it didn't help. When I use cs5530_enable_rom() function,
the booting process didn't event execute cbfs_load_stage(). Please
note that the src/mainboard/digitallogic/msm800sev/auto.c file is not
in compilation chain - against it the
coreboot/src/mainboard/digitallogic/msm800sev/cache_as_ram_auto.c is
used. Maybe it has to be fixed?

I've found that the booting process hangs on this part of
cbfs_master_header() function (src/lib/cbfs.c):

outb(0xa1, 0x80);  // <------- It is printed

void *ptr = (void *)*((unsigned long *) CBFS_HEADPTR_ADDR);
printk_spew("Check CBFS header at %p\n", ptr);
header = (struct cbfs_header *) ptr;

outb(0xa2, 0x80);  // <- It is NOT printed

I don't know exactly where I need to begin make changes ...

Thanks for your interest.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/