[coreboot] Executing bootstrap from MBR in coreboot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Feb 24 12:02:28 CET 2010

On 24.02.2010 08:38, Piotr Piwko wrote:
> 2010/2/23 Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>:
>
>> As Joseph pointed out you could look at SeaBIOS, which has quickly
>> become a very complete BIOS implementation. SeaBIOS runs well as a
>> coreboot payload, and if you combine coreboot and SeaBIOS you will
>> indeed have a legacy compatible open source firmware.
>>

> I'm afraid that I will have to write my own part of code which will be
> responsible to execute a boostrap.

That means you have to recreate maybe 90% of SeaBIOS. You need harddisk
drivers, interrupt services, ...
Changing SeaBIOS to work in your environment will be way easier. The
SeaBIOS mailing list <http://seabios.org/Mailinglist> is the preferred
way to ask for help with that.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."