[coreboot] More lists

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Feb 23 20:07:45 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:47:21AM -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
> > Could we have some tag to svn commit like:
>
> > And then add:
> >
> > current->works
> And also the "haha this is broken" tag and maybe the "will fry your
> mainboard" tag. :)
>
> One problem is that commits that are board-specific hopefully result in a
> working board.  The problem is that they break other boards that weren't
> tested (or other payloads on the same board).  I don't think there's a way
> around that basic problem.

Boot testing would.

The automatic testing framework Stepan built a few years ago - I'd love to
get a few boards set up for that. I have some boards lying around that could
be used for that. My main problem is cost: dedicating an artec dongle + plcc
adapter runs about $350 per board... And then you still need a remote power
toggle device (can be had for cheap-ish if you look around a bit) and some
sort of serial capture device (or just another computer if it's one or a few
boards).

If I didn't have to sacrifice a dongle for each board, I'd set up a tyan
S2881 and probably one or two alix boards for automated testing.

Thanks,
Ward.