[coreboot] Panic room

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Feb 22 17:59:17 CET 2010

ron minnich wrote:
> > I still try to fancy what that panic room is. Is it the gdb
> > handler for the case that gdb is enabled?
>
> in my ideal world, the panic room is SerialICE.

That's a nice idea.

I think interesting suggestions for panic room go from debugging
(SerialICE, gdb) to monitor (console menu for file transfer and
flashing) and beyond.

For board porters it's definately most useful to get debugging. For
production use maybe monitor mode is more useful. Or even something
like a RAM scrubber as a simple failsafe?

I guess we don't want to limit ourselves to just one choice here.

//Peter