[coreboot] add support for win-ent pl-6064/65

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun Feb 14 17:18:39 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:06:41PM -0500, Anish Patel wrote:
> added w83627hf_set_clksel_48() to w83627_early_serial.c
>    Reason: The Win Ent platforms are using the 83627HG part, this
>            part does not appear to enable 48MHz clock by default
> 	   as claimed in the datasheet.

Thanks, committed in r5125.

> added w83627hf_set_16_bit_addr_qual() to w83627_early_serial.c
>    Reason: Enabled by default on PL-6064 with stock BIOS
>    	   not sure if this needs to be in early_serial
> 	   or early_init

I didn't commit this part for now, not sure what it does exactly,
the datasheets doesn't seem to have very much information here.
Can you confirm that this setting is required on your board? What
happens if you don't set this bit? Doesn't boot anymore? Serial not
working? Other effects? If there are no drawbacks I'd rather not commit
this, unless we know it serves a purpose (and which).

Uwe.
--
http://www.hermann-uwe.de  | http://www.randomprojects.org