[coreboot] Patch to add MSI MS-9652 support to CoreBoot

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Wed Feb 10 13:28:46 CET 2010

Am 10.02.2010 01:34, schrieb Timothy Pearson:
> Attached is a patch to add support for the MSI MS-9652 board to CoreBoot.
>
> The PCI routing tables and ACPI implementation are incomplete; I have all
> the functionality I need at this time so I will probably not be fixing
> them.
>
> The board boots and the following items work under the newconfig build system
>  * Two quad core Opteron Barcelona processors (with previously sent patch)
>  * ECC DDR2 memory, all DIMM slots are functional
>  * Both on-board NIC cards, with factory MAC addresses being read properly
>  * Serial port
>  * PS2 keyboard/mouse
>  * All four on-board USB ports
>  * The flashrom utility, all functions
>
> What does not work
>  * PCI/PCIe slot IRQs
>  * ACPI
>  * SMP, without previously sent patch
>
> SeaBIOS/gPXE load properly and Linux boots up over PXE with no problems.
>
> An attempt was made to port the board to KConfig, however this port is
> untested and may or may not function correctly.
Thank you for both of your patches. I didn't look at them yet, but what
we definitely require is that you sign off your contributions:
http://www.coreboot.org/Development_Guidelines#Sign-off_Procedure

It's to be able to track down misbehaviour (such as contributing
material without the license to do so), and as such a slight legal
protection for the project, its developers and its users.

Thanks,
Patrick