[coreboot] [PATCH]Clean up ACPI
patrick at georgi-clan.de
Mon Feb 8 16:11:36 CET 2010
with newconfig out of the way, I decided to clean up ACPI.
This implies lots of file movements, so the patch I attach is of
somewhat limited use (even if I were to add the deletions in full it
doesn't apply cleanly)
- All files use the .asl suffix now (acpi source language)
- dsdt, ssdt*, sspr* belong in the source directories (eg.
src/mainboard/kontron/986lcd-m), all files included by them belong in an
- iasl is handled in a generic rule in the top level Makefile. Non-dsdt
files get their AmlCode array renamed to AmlCode_$filename (without suffix)
- pci were renamed to ssdt for the above to work
- ACPI code is preprocessed with cpp. We already did that for Kontron,
and it has the nice property that you can share certain header files
with C code, to deduplicate some data (eg. LAPIC base address).
This doesn't negatively affect code that wasn't made for it, as only
#define statement could create conflicts
- I changed all ACPI Include() statements to #include preprocessor
commands, so once this feature is more commonly used, cpp gets a chance
to fix up all defines
- No more need for iasl rules in Makefile.incs, just add dsdt.o, ssdt3.o
etc. to obj-y and make will figure out the right thing to do
All boards built with abuilt.
Signed-off-by: Patrick Georgi <patrick.georgi at coresystems.de>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the coreboot