[coreboot] newconfig to Kconfig for Dummies

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:47:53 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
> Or should we just re-unite it under CONFIG_SMP?

really, it never makes sense to make it an option anyway. In what
context is it ever right to not enable
multicore and SMP? If you don't want them, linux can turn them off. If
you do want them, why would you ever build a bios that
disables their use?

In the early days it made some limited sense for these to be config
variables but I don't think it makes sense any more.

To put it another way, I think you are right about having too many
options of this type. They no longer make sense.

thanks

ron