[coreboot] Libpayload USB support

bifferos bifferos at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 12:23:53 CET 2010

It seems OHCI and EHCI support is commented out in:

https://svn.coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk/payloads/libpayload/drivers/usb/usbinit.c

And the files aren't there if you try to comment it back in.  So
using FILO, it seems it's  necessary to use UHCI if I want the new
USB stack, if requiring OHCI, I have to switch to the old (obsolete)
USB stuff.  Switching back to the old FILO USB stack requires a
code fix.  Looking at:
https://svn.coreboot.org/filo/trunk/filo/fs/blockdev.c

It seems that parse_device_name() always returns DISK_NEW_USB
and not DISK_USB, regardless of which USB stack was selected
in make menuconfig so subsequent call to devopen() will always
fail to find a device.

I'm mainly posting this to try to understand what's going on,
and if I missed something.  It seems very few people are using
USB with FILO.  I really had to struggle to find the device
name I'm supposed to specify to boot from USB (uda), so
I'd propose to put that in the README.

I can submit a patch for both of these, but I'm unsure how far
it gets us!

regards,
Biff.