[coreboot] libpayload TSC dependency

bifferos bifferos at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 12:12:43 CET 2010

The attached patch is sufficient to make coreinfo run on a machine
without TSC, however while trying to get FILO to run I've realised
this involves more changes than I originally expected.

cpu_khz gets exposed as a global, so it's going to be very difficult
to support CPUs without TSC, without changing the mechanisms some
payloads use to do timing.  If you don't have TSC, then cpu_khz is
largely irrelevant, but FILO accesses it directly.

I think this global needs to be removed and some other mechanism
introduced for handling timeouts.

regards,
Biff.