[coreboot] Question on switching memory stick from dimm_mask 0x01 to dimm_mask 0x10

Fengwei Zhang namedylan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 21:35:11 CET 2010

Hi all,

For some reason, I need to switch my memory stick from dimm_mask 0x01 to
dimm_mask 0x10 on board asus m2v_mx_se.

I am using a 2G kingston DDR2 memory on board m2v_mx-se. If I put the
memory stick on board with dimm_mask 0x01. It could successfully boot
with coreboot.
But If I put the memory stick on board with dimm_mask 0x10. Booting
process would stop at pci_scan_bus() function after print out
post_code(0x24) on the serial port.

I also tried manufacture BIOS, it could successfully boot for both
dimm_mask 0x01 and 0x10.

Does anyone has this problem before? Is there anyway to fix this?

I would appreciate your precious comments!

Best,
Fengwei