[coreboot] mcp55_fadt patch to fix Microsoft Windows BSOD 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000006 ....)

David Robinson drobinson at bluechiptechnology.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 11:01:32 CET 2010

Hi Stefan,

I agree that your suggestion would be the right implementation to support ACPI / Legacy systems.

I chose this implementation due to a combination of:
	* The mcp55 code sets the smi_cmd  to 0, disabling SMM.
	* Other main boards in the coreboot source tree seem to implement the same fix.
	* I don't have datasheets for the mcp55.

An alternative to patching this change into the coreboot source tree, could be to add an FAQ to the ACPI section of the coreboot website?

David Robinson