[coreboot] IDE and Compact Flash handling in AMD Geode LX800 and CS5536

Darmawan Salihun darmawan.salihun at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 09:23:15 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm working on an AMD LX800-CS5536 board. The IRQ is now working properly.
However, it's impossible to install an operating system through the
IDE interface or
the Compact Flash (CF) interface. Booting to the OS installation works
just fine
(Ubuntu Hardy Heron Linux and FreeBSD 8.0 and 8.1).
However, when the OS arrived at the HDD partitioning. it always failed.
There's a CF interface and an IDE interface on the board.
My question is: how those interfaces usually connected to CS5536 southbridge?
Are they multiplexed?

Thanks in advance,

Darmawan