[coreboot] [patch 2/3] Use ACPI table area to store cbmem_toc pointer needed for resume

Tobias Diedrich ranma+coreboot at tdiedrich.de
Fri Dec 3 13:47:56 CET 2010

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> On 01.12.2010, at 11:46, Tobias Diedrich <ranma+coreboot at tdiedrich.de> wrote:
>
> > This adds a cbmem_toc_ptr_t structure, which is written just below the FADT,
> > so we can find it using the FADP information.  The actual writing is only
> > implemented for the Intel 82371EB southbridge.
>
> Why is that needed?

There needs to be some way to find the backup area needed for saving
the memory parts that will be overwritten by coreboot after
disabling CAR.  I chose to add a structure relative to the FADT
address, because thats rather easy to find.
And as Rudolf already said, maybe this should be
exported as a coreboot-specific ACPI table (but that would make
finding it a tad bit more complex I think).
Another option would be to always use a fixed area directly after 1MB
(as this should not be affected by framebuffers in main memory) instead of
below TOM.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de