[coreboot] [commit] r6127 - in trunk/src: mainboard/asus/p2b northbridge/intel/i440bx/acpi southbridge/intel/i82371eb southbridge/intel/i82371eb/acpi

Tobias Diedrich ranma+coreboot at tdiedrich.de
Wed Dec 1 15:34:43 CET 2010

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Tobias Diedrich <ranma+coreboot at tdiedrich.de> [101128 11:43]:
> > The IO port is ok (and I wrote the comment myself ;)):
> > DEFAULT_PMBASE is 0xe400
> > PCNTRL reg offset is 0x10
>
> Oh, I think that's even worse... ;)
>
> 1) DEFAULT_PMBASE must be lower than 0x1000 to avoid conflicts with the
>    resource allocator.

It's registered as a fixed resource in i82371eb_smbus.c (added by me
in the acpi patch), so it shouldn't be a problem.

> 2) The IO address in the Processor field should be configured
>    in the MSR PMG_IO_BASE_ADDR (0xe3).

This is only for newer processors I think, I didn't see an this msr
in the msr list for PIII processors.
It's handled by the 440bx chipset acpi registers instead.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de