[coreboot] On versions of a mainboard

Mats Erik Andersson mats.andersson at gisladisker.se
Tue Aug 31 18:12:51 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have begun the porting of the mainboard FIC VB-601 to Coreboot.
In itself this is fairly standard, since it uses Intel i440BX as
chipset.

However, I am in possession of two pieces, one of version 1.3,
the other of version 1.4. The first uses SuperIO W83977TF-AW,
the other W83977EF-AW, and also there are small differences in
board layout and population of minor components.

This is also reflected in the fact that the older BIOS is
not functional in the newer board.

My question is this: Is there a possibility to make the file
'devicetree.cb' conditional on the used version, or must I
implement two mainboard settings? Like

    BOARD_FIC_VB_601_V1_3  and  BOARD_FIC_VB_601_V1_4

would replace my present setting BOARD_FIC_VB_601. I have not yet
tested the compiled Coreboot image in either of the boards, so no
preliminary statement can be passed on the necessity to uphold this
distinction for Coreboot.

Best regards,

Mats Erik Andersson