[coreboot] Alix.2D3 / Coreboot v4 support

Aurélien footplus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 17:04:49 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Patrick Georgi <patrick at georgi-clan.de>wrote:

> Am 25.08.2010 14:43, schrieb Aurélien:
> > Stage: loading fallback/coreboot_ram @ 0x100000 (114688 bytes), entry @
> > 0x100000
> > lzma: Decoding error = 1
> > CBFS: LZMA decompression failed!
> > --- hangs here ---
> This is the first time that RAM beyond 1MB is seriously used. On other
> Geode boards, some MSRs weren't set up early enough, so >1MB wasn't
> reachable. http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/1485/ provides a partial
> fix, but I suspect that the LX code has similar issues.

Hum, i'm not yet able to help here, I don't know sufficiently the LX
chipset, nor do I have the time to dwell on this particular topic.

I have in mind a particular application for this board, and I want to be
able to catch very early events (like a press on the only button on the
mainboard and/or a series of power cycle (4 power cycles without booting the
kernel for example) to trigger the boot of an alternate kernel/partition. I
think of implementing this in a filo-derivative, which I should happily
contribute, if it happens to interest someone.

For now, coreboot boots this board correctly.

Ah, one last thing: I posted the board support details for the Wiki in a
support ?

Thanks.
--
Aurélien Guillaume