[coreboot] MS-6147, SeaBIOS, and OpenBSD.

Mats Erik Andersson mats.andersson at gisladisker.se
Fri Aug 27 11:21:06 CEST 2010

Hello again,

two years have passed since I developed the support for MS-6147.
Now I return to slowly activate myself again. In a first run
I would like to report the following:

  1. Coreboot-v4.0, svn rev 5740, works well on MSI MS-6147.

  2. In the overview of supported mainboards, there ought to
     be an entry "Y" for MSI MS-6147, stipulating that the
     DIL32-ROM is set in a socket.

  3. SeaBIOS works on MS-6147, but I had to strip down most
     functionality in order to fit the combined image into
     the 64 kB available (120 byte to spare!) since the
     standard fallback duplication was left intact. No VGA
     BIOS was included.

  4. From this minimal SeaBIOS payload, I did successfully
     boot into a fully functional OpenBSD 4.4, which I as
     always use with a serial console. The disk is a 1GB
     Compact Flash card.

Best regards,

Mats Erik Andersson, fil. dr
<mats.andersson at gisladisker.se>

Abonnerar på: debian-mentors, debian-devel-games, debian-perl,
              debian-ipv6, debian-qa