[coreboot] [commit] r5717 - in trunk/src/superio/fintek: . f71863fg

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 21:07:04 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> repository service wrote:
>> Log:
>> Support for Fintek F71863FG.
>
> It looks to me like this code is identical to the previous fintek
> code which it was copied from. Why can the old code not be re-used,
> instead of creating a copy?
>
> And yes, Stefan is right, when copying an existing file without
> making large changes then the copyright notice from the previous
> author should remain. If new code has been added, then a new
> copyright notice should also be added, but unless most of the file
> has been replaced the original notices should also be kept.

Most of the code in these files is trivial and identical to every
other super IO, with the exception of changing the model name/number.
If we kept the copyright notices from every previous "author" of those
files, it would probably be a dozen names, none of whom actually wrote
the code in the first place.

-Corey