[coreboot] Coreboot and stand alone filo

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coresystems.de
Wed Aug 18 13:06:36 CEST 2010

 On 8/17/10 10:05 PM, Masoud Fatollahy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make coreboot v4 works with a old version of filo(stand
> alone).
>
> I build the coreboot and definde a paload which has been build with an
> old filo which is not using payloadlib of the coreboot.
> when filo try to read the linuxbios table , but it can not find the
> signaturr LBIO. and it hangs.
>
>  Do i have to use filo and payloadlib of the coreboot, or is it a way
> to fix this problem. we don't want to have any depency between
> coreboot and filo.
>
> thanks,
>
> /Masoud

Hi Masoud,

The coreboot table parser in older FILOs does not support the "FORWARD" tag

http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/browser/trunk/payloads/libpayload/arch/i386/coreboot.c#L140

I'd suggest that you use newer versions of FILO. However, implementing
support for that tag in older versions should be rather straight
forward, so you can give that a try, too..

Stefan