[coreboot] Wyse S50

Nils njacobs8 at hetnet.nl
Tue Aug 17 21:35:14 CEST 2010

Hi Patrick,

Op dinsdag 17 augustus 2010 10:27:00 schreef u:
> are you able to test the S50 with a current coreboot checkout with the
> RAMBASE option removed?
>
> I'm asking because you provided the patch at
> http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/1485/, but with your other GX2
> changes (moving to CAR), I can't tell if removing RAMBASE is safe now.

Unfortunately i have very little time at the moment but i hope to be able to
test it for you next weekend.

The RAMBASE removal is still on my to do list.
I think you were right that it should be part of the chipset code.
After the question (hint?) from Stephan :"Why 1F6BF000 ?" ,i was not sure
anymore if the static address was the right thing to do or that it would be
necessary/better to calculate the address based on the amount of dram in the
system.
But i haven`t got around to investigate what it does exactly.

Thanks,Nils.