[coreboot] ROMCC help

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Fri Aug 13 01:05:07 CEST 2010

Cristi Magherusan <Cristi.Magherusan at net.utcluj.ro> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following piece of code, and it seems ROMCC can't handle it
> (offcourse, gcc works):
>
> 	struct bla{
> 		struct bla* next_bla;
> 	};
> 	int main(void){return 0;}
>
> This is the error message I get while trying to compile it:
>
> test.c
> test.c:2.27:
> struct bla undeclared
>

> Any ideas on what could be done to get it work, if possible?

That does sound like a bug.

What are you aiming at doing with a linked-list in romcc compiled code?
To the best of my knowledge linked lists in static constant data
structures aren't particularly useful.  Or is this just from a header
you want to share with romcc code and gcc compiled code and this
structure just happens to be in there.   I'm asking because I get the
sense that you are trying to do something that has easier solutions
than to fix romcc.

Eric