[coreboot] DL145 G1 with dual dualcore CPU using coreboot ?

Oskar Enoksson enok at lysator.liu.se
Fri Aug 6 11:52:42 CEST 2010

Myles Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Oskar Enoksson <enok at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
>
>> On 08/05/2010 08:03 PM, Myles Watson wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for responding!
>>
>> I compiled superiotool from coreboot trunk, and flashrom from the latest
>> release 0.9.2. The output from "superiotool", "superiotool -dV" and
>> "flashrom -V" follows. I hope someone can make something out of it. As
>> for Serengeti Cheetah compared to Serenade I see the numbers 8111, 8151
>> and 8132 listed for Serengeti, but my lspci only mentions 8111 and 8131.
>> How significant is that?
>>

> Significant.  Try the tyan/s2880, tyan/s2882, or another similar one.
> They have the same superio too.
>
> I think you'd get some debug output right away if you just flashed a
> s2880 image to your board and watched the serial port.
>
> You may need to modify src/mainboard/tyan/s2880/devicetree.cb
>
> There's no ACPI support for that board, so if you need that you'll
> have to implement it.

Ok. I think the Tyan S2881 looks like the most similar candidate for the
Dl145G1 / A2210 motherboard, so I'm using that as template.

Ant I'm able to read the existing BIOS from the 512k Flash ROM
"SST49LF040" to a file using "flashrom -r" so now I have a backup. And
I'm able to compile a new image from the S2881 template in coreboot. But
do I dare to write the new image using flashrom? What happens if I can't
boot? Do I have to buy some hardware flash programming dongle?

I can see a 2x10-pin connector on the motherboard marked "LPC". Is that
where the flash programmer should be connected?

Or is it possible to program the flash even without a working BIOS
through the superio chip using the RS232 port somehow? Is that what the
"-p serprog" option in flashrom is for?

Sorry for all the questions ...