[coreboot] error in FILO configuration

austinro at msu.edu austinro at msu.edu
Tue Aug 3 21:01:09 CEST 2010

Quoting Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org>:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 18:46:59 +0430, ali hagigat <hagigatali at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I have FILO source code in:                 /root/build/coreboot/filo
>> and COREBOOT source code is in:       /root/build/coreboot/coreboot-v4
>>
>> When i execute the instruction below, it is followed by an error:
>> /root/build/coreboot/filo> make menuconfig
>> Libpayload config for FILO.
>> can't find file /root/build/coreboot/filo/../libpayload/Config.in
>> make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1
>>
>> How can i correct it?
>>
> You need libpayload first. Please follow instructions on the wiki:
> http://www.coreboot.org/FILO

Actually I tried this yesterday, following the wiki instructions, and had the same problem.  One of the GSoC projects for this summer changed how filo is built, now it expects to be built from coreboot/payloads/filo.  I was going to update the wiki but I got distracted.  I should do that right now, as I'm quite absent-minded and easily distracted.

Rob Austin