[coreboot] ASUS M4A77TD-PRO. No boot, nothing on the serial port. I'm quite lost.

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Mon Aug 2 11:54:15 CEST 2010

> When I boot with the propietary BIOS I can get GRUB2 and linux console
> on the serial port, but only at 38400 bps. 118000 does not work. So
> I've put 38400 in kconfig too.

Hm this is strange. Maybe you can try with 9600 ?  I checked your superiotool
dump and it seems that you dont need to call it8712f_24mhz_in check if you do
not call it by accident.

I would suggest to try to make it work with serialICE first, then fix the
coreboot console as second step. Go to www.serialice.com and download it.

It is some kind of simple monitor which can execute various IO operations
through serial port.

I'm attaching a file which could do the trick for you. Set the baudspeed to
38400 and select that asrock board in kconfig. Replace the existing file with
attached, and compile. Not sure if padding is there so if you get 64KB image
then you need just to place the image in last 64KB of the flash.

Then use minicom or whatever and see if you get the serialice prompt. If so, you
just need to fix the coreboot to do same thing.

Thanks,
Rudolf