[coreboot] I'm not able to extract the VGA BIOS from phoenix BIOS

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Apr 29 02:32:20 CEST 2010

Joop Boonen wrote:
> 01:06.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL (rev 27)
>
> I see that the VGA card is using slot 01:06.0

lspci -vs 1:6

If it has a ROM on it you should be able to read it out. (Note that
the address reported by lspci may actually not be correct, I don't
know why, but you may need to read the expansion rom BAR directly
to get the correct address: (I thought this is what lspci does, but no)

setpci -s 1:6 30.l

Then mmap /dev/mem (see flashrom physmap.c for an example) and read
out the block. I hacked up something to do this a few weeks ago, let
me know if you want it.

//Peter