[coreboot] i840 coreboot challenge

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Mon Apr 26 23:13:41 CEST 2010

Hello,
I want to propose a "coreboot challenge" to first port coreboot to the
i840 chpset, second port coreboot to support a very rare i840 dual cpu
board, third instead of RAMBUS (which i840 is designed for) this board
uses SDRAM. I think this would be a very interesting port for coreboot.

The board is a AMI Megatrends MegaDual. The user manual can be found
here: http://www.ami.com/support/doc/MegaDual_mb_man.PDF

I have four of these rare boards and am willing to donate three of them
(one person each, less shipping costs of course) to anyone who is
willing to take on this challenge. Let me know if your interested.

P.S.: the first person to boot to a Linux command line gets the grand
prize, a big fat cookie :-)

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith