[coreboot] Newbie to coreboot with a 845G chipset

A.Haq Abbad haqman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 16:52:37 CEST 2010

Hi All

Intel® 845G chipset
Southbridge 82801
P4 2.4GHz

>From Compaq Evo D310 DT (Custom Mobo, P4B266-VMX)

Any recomemendations?

Which payload to choose? I want to start with a basic one, will be using
Linux mostly, but I do want to try XP and DOS perhaps.
SeaBios seems good, but on the Wiki, it only mentions coreboot v3, and not
4! I hope it's a typo.
I don't think I can use a Linux kernel as a payload, as the chip only has
512KB.

How risky is it to render the PC useless? Note that the BIOS chip is
soldered into the Mobo :\
and I doubt I'd be bothered to buy a new one and solder it.

Time to complete the whole thing? If too long, I'll do it on the weekend.

Thanks.