[coreboot] password

Darmawan Salihun darmawan.salihun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 05:17:35 CEST 2010

I'm not sure if this will work and it's risky as well, but you might
want to try it out:

In most BIOS, shorting the address pins (or the equivalent of that
act) upon boot will force the machine to boot from the bootblock BIOS.
The bootblock routine usually searches for BIOS binary file to flash,
because the assumption is the system BIOS a.k.a main BIOS module is
corrupt and need replacement. I'm not sure how to provide this "new"
BIOS binary file replacement for your case. However, most BIOS
requires boot floppy (in recent days FAT16 formatted USB sticks) which
contains an autoexec.bat file with the routine to flash the new BIOS
binary and the BIOS binary file itself.