[coreboot] Need confirmation if HP nx6310 will work with coreboot

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Apr 7 04:38:10 CEST 2010

On 4/7/10 1:05 AM, secretocean at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an HP nx6310 notebook with Linux as operating system and I'm thinking of trying coreboot to get rid of the non-free HP BIOS.
> Though I'm quite confident that the chipset is supported, it'll be nice if someone would confirm that and perhaps give further instructions on how to use coreboot with my mainboard.
>
> Notebook: HP nx6310 EY366EA#ABD
> no extensions at all, except a PCMCIA WLAN card with Atheros chipset
> BIOS version: F.0E
> CPU: Intel Celeron M 1,46GHz
> RAM: 1GB (512MB by default)
> Graphics card: on board, Intel GMA 945
> Sound card: on board, Intel HDA ... (don't know the exact model)
>
> Outputs of lspci -tvnn, superiotool -dV and flashrom -V: see text files
>
> Hopefully someone can help. I'd love to help making coreboot better but without shooting my mainboard.
Hi,

coreboot might work on this machine with reasonable effort. You will
however need to get some SPI flashing hardware, and you should be
familiar with a soldering iron in order to solder a SPI socket / header
to your board or some wires to your SPI flash.

An issue might be that there does not seem to be a serial console. You
might need a net20dc USB debug device.

Stefan