[coreboot] SeaBIOS and USB UHCI keyboard support
kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Sep 29 03:53:23 CEST 2009
The latest SeaBIOS git has preliminary support for USB keyboards.
I've tested this on qemu and on my epia-cn.
For info on obtaining SeaBIOS see:
This support is still a little "rough" - help with testing would be
appreciated, but don't expect it to be fully functional.
- only uhci controllers are supported - no ohci (nor ehci)
- not all keys are mapped (eg, no numeric keypad)
- no keyboard auto-repeat
- no keyboard led support
- if one types fast, they may see dup keys or missing keys
- no hub support (keyboard must be directly attached)
- usb bandwidth is not optimized (no scheduling)
That said, I can control the SeaBIOS boot and navigate through a grub
console with my usb keyboard.
More information about the coreboot