[coreboot] Is this motherboard suppo

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Sep 27 00:35:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 26.09.2009 22:38, Anonymous bin ich wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Anonymous bin ich
> <ichbinanon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have following laptop: MSI VR-610X

Laptops are not supported for now because of the embedded controllers.
We only have datasheets for exactly one embedded controller and we don't
know if you have that one.
Can you find the embedded controller on your board and tell us which one
it is?

>> Chipset: ATI RS690T + SB600

OK.

>> Procesor: AMD Athlon64 X2 dual-core TK-55 (1.8GHz, FSB 800MHz, 512KB L2)

OK.

>> RAM 1GB DDR2 667MHz

OK.

>> Hard disk: 100GB SATA

OK.

>> Graphics-card: ATI Radeon X1270

OK.

>> Some more info is here: http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/82346
>>
>> NOTE: It is AMD Sempron 3600+, and not 3800+ as listed in the above link.
>>
>> I am attaching the output of lspci

OK.

>> superiotool

Bad, it does not find a superio. Can you try latest superiotool from svn?

>> flashrom

Bad, it seems the flash is behind some unknown translation chip. You
will have to open the laptop and find the flash chip, then find out to
which chip it is attached.

>> It appears from the webpage that my motherboard is actually supported
>> with coreboot v3,

Really? I could not find your motherboard listed anywhere on that page.

>> but SB600 is listed as "WIP".

RS690/SB600 support in v3 is lacking some critical features. You want to
look at v2.

>>  So, should I try it?

Can you recover from a bad flash? Do you have a serial port (or matching
header) on the board? Can you plug in a POST card? Do we have docs for
the embedded controller?
We can't give you an answer before we know more.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/